Fan Month: I'm In, Are You?

11:00




Original Image by Susanne Nilsson


Last year, my good friend Heather from the blog SometimesI’m a Story took a ‘Fan Week’, a week where she focused solely on visiting other people’s blogs and commenting on and sharing their posts. I thought it was a fantastic idea. As a blogger, I know every visit, every comment, every follow and every share of my blog posts is a big encouragement to me, and to other bloggers I’m sure it must be the same. This March, Heather is holding a Fan Month. Basically, we get to pick when in the month we’re going to be a fan of other peoples’ blogs. If you’re interested in joining in, you can find all the details here. Of course, I plan on joining in with Fan Month, and in light of that, here are my answers to Heather’s five questions that have helped me outline my involvement with Fan Month.

1. When do you plan on being a fan?
I really enjoyed the idea of a week of being a fan, so I choose to make my fan week the first week of March; that is March 2nd to March 8th. In that week, I will of course have posts scheduled to post on this blog and will be answering comments, but that week will not be about me and my blog. It’ll be about the rest of this amazing community we are part of.

2. What goals will you set for yourself?
I’m starting small with this Fan Week. My goals are to comment on at least five new blogs every day, and to share my three favourite posts of the day on my Facebook Page. It’s a doable goal, and means that I will visit quite a number of new blogs in that time, and hopefully share a bit of encouragement too.

3. Are you going to set any rules for yourself? Exceptions to those rules?
Oh rules. I always break the rules anyway.

4. Where do you plan on sharing the great posts you read?
My plan is to share my favourite posts of each day on my Facebook page. So if you would like to see what posts I’m reading next week, you could hop over to my page and like it to get updates on where I’ve been and the blogs I’ve seen during fan week. Maybe you’d even like to hop over to the blogs I share and spread a bit of encouragement too.

5. Where could you be a fan outside the blogosphere?
This is actually a really good question. For me I think this would take the form of making more of an effort to be interested in and help with what my family members are doing. Everyone could do with a bit of attention and encouragement sometimes, and where better to start than in the family?

So there you have it, my declaration of fan week. Are you joining in with the fun? What are your favourite blogs to read? Leave me some recommendations of blogs to visit in the comments and give me somewhere to start this fan week!

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I love your answer to #3. Thank you for making me giggle. Something else I really like? This idea! Brilliant! I just might join in:)

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I brought a giggle to your day. If you have the time, you should definitely join in with Fan Month. It's such a brilliant idea of Heather's, isn't it? I've been longing for her to turn this idea into a link up so I could join in and do it myself, and now I finally have that chance. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's so cool that you're participating, and I hope you enjoy finding new blogs and sharing your favorite posts! I also like the thought you put into the "fan outside the blogosphere" question—I know that I definitely want to be a bigger fan for my family, and so hopefully we'll both be able to improve our support with the people who love us most, too. :)

    Thanks again for joining (because it just makes me happy every time...)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting this link up. I loved the idea when you did your first fan week and I'm glad to have the chance to join in this time. Family is the perfect place to practice being a fan, isn't it? I know my family always have projects and ideas that need encouragement and a fan to cheer them on with, so that's something I'm really hoping to do more of.

      Delete
  3. I'm really bad at keeping rules as well. They're made for breaking, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. We can be rebels together!

      Delete
  4. This seems interesting I think I might join this :)
    You can try 2 of my favourite blogs :
    http://www.the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.in/
    pickingupthepiecesoflife.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really glad to see on your blog that you were joining in. Thanks for the recommendations. I shall definitely check those blogs out today. It's good to have a place to start my fan month from.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I'm also participating, and it's great to see more and more people joining. I'm told that I set a lot of rules for my Fan Month, so it's funny to see your response for this question :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading everyone else's rules actually. I feel like I probably should have put rules in place for myself, but I truly am a rule breaker, so for me there really isn't any point. Just getting around to see a few new posts will be good enough for me. It's great meeting a few of the other Fan Monthers, like you!

      Delete
  6. One of these days I'm going to have to do this! Sounds so awesome! :)

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get the chance, I'd highly recommend you try a Fan Week. This is the first time I've done anything like this, but it's such a good idea. It's a great reminder that we're not the only people in the blogosphere, and that other bloggers need some encouragement sometimes. I don't know about anyone else, but I get stuck in my own little circle sometimes, so breaking out and giving extra attention to other bloggers is a great idea

      Delete
  7. Hahaha. I'm with you on number 3. Should be a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will definitely be a fun month. Thanks for stopping by Ally!

      Delete
  8. Yay! I'm participating in fan week as well, although it actually might turn into two weeks because I need a little bit of a break from blogging anyway. As for recommended blogs, I have too many to name. What I always like to do is go into other bloggers' Bloglovin' profiles and seeing what blogs the follow. It's a really great way to find new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like such a great way to spend a blogging break. That's an excellent idea. I don't have Bloglovin', but I might do the same thing with Blogger profiles. It's always interesting to find out what other people are reading.

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited to see how many other people are doing fan month. I wasn't sure what kind of rules to set, so I only have a kind-of idea of what I'm going to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A kind-of idea is better than no idea at all. Besides, it's hard to predict what Fan Month will be like, isn't it? As long as you're going out there and interacting with other bloggers and spreading some encouragement, I think anything is fine. Who needs rules anyway?

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/