Writing Music: Reflections

10:59

There are several things that I love about music and YouTube. First there is so much of it just waiting to be discovered. Second, my favourite musicians are always releasing new songs for me to listen to. And thirdly, some pieces come with amazing music videos to accompany them, like the music video for Taylor Davis’ brand new original piece Reflections. This song forms part of her newly released album of original music, which I plan to buy and listen to on repeat for days.

This song reminds me very much of video game music. It has an intense feel to it, very focused and determined, growing to quite an upbeat, epic piece, which almost feels like the triumphant end of a quest. The video itself is amazingly inspiring and packed with plot bunnies. Have you ever wondered what would happen if your reflections had lives and worlds of their own? What would happen if one day your reflection didn’t follow your movements?



Who is your favourite musician of the moment? Have you ever read a book about reflections? What are you listening to this week? And are you a fan of Taylor Davis’ music?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This was beautiful! I've listened to Taylor Davis before--I just love the violin--and I have a friend who absolutely raves about her. I really need to check out her other videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to like the violin but Taylor Davis was one of the musicians who helped me learn to like it. I think I listened to too much early amateur violin before. You should definitely check out her other music videos. They're all pretty epic.

      Delete
  2. It has a Legend of Zelda quality to it... I think I've seen one of her videos before this one, but I'm not sure. I'm currently listening to Nick Murray's Aeon which if you've seen some of the Cinderella trailers, that's the background music. It perfectly depicts what "Aeon" means: "life", "being", or "time". The song is beautiful.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon is such a beautiful piece. I think I've fallen in love with it already. I'm actually going to see Cinderella today, so I'm really excited!

      Delete
  3. I like this track, it was rather exciting... I enjoyed it. Taylor Davis comes up with some great tracks—thanks for sharing her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I get so excited by finding a new great track that I just have to share it with someone. Taylor Davis has some of the best instrumental writing music I've found.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/