Writing Music: Stand Out

19:00

Occasionally, in my musical discoveries, I’ll stumble across a piece that then becomes my theme tune for the next few weeks. It’ll be that piece that I always have open, and I’ll listen to it about 6,774,221 before I finally move on. This week’s Writing Music is one of those pieces. Now, I’ve never actually seen A Goofy Movie, but I did find this song, and basically it sums up a lot of what I’ve been thinking about recently.

For me, this piece isn’t so much about the inspiration for writing, or how good it is for listening to while writing (which, to be perfectly honest, it’s not really suited for) but more about what it actually says. We writers are always working hard, trying to reach people, trying to write a book, get it published, connect with an audience, achieve something towards our goals. And sometimes, to me certainly, it doesn’t feel like I’m making much progress at all. This song is a reminder to not give up but to keep pushing on, working towards dreams, even if it doesn’t seem like we’re actually getting anywhereAnd to me, this song is a reminder that I might not be there now, but if I keep going, I might get there one day. And that’s a reminder I think we all need sometimes.


What are you listening to at the moment? What do you listen to when you need a creative boost? 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been listening to "Black Honey" by Thrice, "Ride" by TØP, and "Satellite" by All Time Low, as well as a ton of Frank Sinatra music! When I need a creative boost, I definitely turn to Lindsey Stirling or Taylor Davis! They're both excellent violinists.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete

/*popular post image sizing*/