Writing Music: Happy

14:01

November is always an incredibly busy month for me, and this year is no different. Between NaNoWriMo, music exams, concerts, and other commitments, I often feel tired. It’s easy to slip into a bad mood. But often, listening to just the right song helps me feel happier and encourages me to keep going. One song that’s been really helping me feel positive, especially about my writing, is Evynne Hollens’ cover of Happy.

I know that there have been a lot of covers of this song, but this is definitely my favourite. The funky arrangement is designed to make you smile, and it comes with a music video that just makes me want to smile at the craziness. Listening to the lyrics reminds me too, that it doesn’t matter what’s going on in the rest of my life. I can be happy whether I’m tired, overworked, or simply not having the greatest day. If you need a bit of a boost today, then you should definitely give this song a listen.



Need more positive songs in your life? Here are a couple of previous Writing Music Posts you might like:

Smiles for Life
I am Gold
Bink’s Sake
Kingdom Dance

What are you listening to this week? Are you doing NaNoWriMo? How’s your book going? What’s your favourite piece of happy music?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That's such a cool and funky piece! Definitely my new favourite cover of Happy:) Thanks for sharing this, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award: http://almostcompletelymad.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/blogger-recognition-award.html

      Delete
    2. No problem. I love to have a stock of happy sounding music on hand for those days when I don't feel particularly bright and cheery. Thank so much for the nomination! I'll have to hop over and look at that at once.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/