Writing Music: Your Suggestions #3

19:07

It’s Friday again, which means it’s time for another Writing Music post. As I did in the last two posts in this series, I want to share some of the music that you guys have suggested I try. I love discovering new songs, and I’ve had some amazing recommendations from people. So I feel it’s only fair to return the favour and share some my favourite pieces that people have suggested to me. There are so many great ones it’s impossible to share them all, but I’m giving it my best shot. As usual, I’m sharing three pieces I’ve particularly enjoyed this week, suggested by you of course!

Guardians at the Gate-Audiomachine
(Thanks to Gemma Fitz)

Audiomachine compose epic soundtrack style pieces that are just perfect for writing to. Guardians at the Gate is a dramatic instrumental piece with a great sense of gravity and finality about it. To me, it feels like it would suit an intense soundtrack, or a showdown between characters. I also get the feeling of an intense scene set in a rainstorm for some reason.

Morning Mood-Edvard Grieg
(Thanks to Topaz Winters)

This piece of classical piano music simply dances with elegance and a sense of peace and tranquillity to it. To me, it reminds me of a beautiful morning, as suggested by the title, or a carefree country life, with birds and sun and gentle grassy slopes. It also reminds me of the beginning of a fairy tale, when life is beautiful and simple, before things take their usual dark turn.

Renegades-X Ambassadors
(Thanks to Jos R.)

This song would be perfect for book inspiration, though not so good for writing to if music with lyrics bothers you. But to me, this song would be perfect for character inspiration. It has a very urban feel to it. I could see this song inspiring some tough, streetwise characters who don’t live by society’s standards, but make up their own rules for life.

Missed the other posts in this series? Check them out here:

Have you heard any of these songs before? Which is your favourite? Got any song recommendations for me? I might feature it in a future Writing Music: Your Suggestions post!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have not heard of any of these before, but I really like the audiomachine piece. So epic. ^ ^ If you need any heartbreaking pieces, I'd suggest the Broachchurch soundtrack, especially the piece "Danny."

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always in great need of heartbreaking pieces. Climactic or dramatic music seems to be so much more popular to write. I shall definitely have to check that soundtrack out now. Thanks so much Victoria!

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/