Writing Music: Crusader Kings II

15:58



I’m always looking for new music to inspire my writing, and I love it when people recommend new music to me. Sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don’t quite connect with it, but it’s always worthwhile trying it out. And when I do find good new music, it’s very exciting. A couple of weeks ago my friend Whim suggested that I might enjoy the soundtrack to the Crusader Kings II video game. I gave it a listen and was blown away by how amazing the music is. One of my favourite pieces was A Simple Song for Commoners.

This piece feels like medieval fantasy, full of ladies in long dresses, brave knights, lords and peasants. I love the sounds of the lute and the drums. Listening to this piece inspires all sorts of ideas for fantasy. It feels like a piece for the working class, to me, simple, conjuring up images of the open countryside, sunshine and good honest work. This would be great as inspiration for a village, especially near a castle, or for a happy scene set outside, maybe with a little romance woven into it.


What does this piece of music suggest to you? What are you listening to this week? Any suggestions for new music for me?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

/*popular post image sizing*/