Writing Music: Into the West

09:00



For the whole month of July, I, along with many other writers, have been caught up in the whirlwind that is Camp NaNoWriMo. Today is the first day after Camp NaNoWriMo, and this week’s song is from Peter Hollens again. It is a cover of a song from The Lord of the Rings called Into the West. Peter Hollens has done two beautiful versions of this song, one acappella, and one with a violin, played by one of my other favourite musicians, Taylor Davis. This version has the violin accompaniment. You can check out the acappella version HERE.

This piece of music is gentle, peaceful, and perfect for listening to while relaxing after all the exertions of Camp NaNoWriMo. It’s also a great piece for listening to while writing the ending of a book, a quiet, peaceful scene between characters, or even a quiet deathbed scene. It carries the feeling of something important ending.



Did you do Camp NaNoWriMo? How did you go? If not, what are you working on at the moment?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, I love this song anyway but this version is beautiful. And you're so right about it being fitting for a death scene, I have a funeral scene at the end of my book that I've not been able to do yet that will simply have to have this playing as I write it. *sniffles*

    ReplyDelete

/*popular post image sizing*/