Beautiful People: Meet Ember

09:00

 
  

We writers meet lots of new people every time we start a new book. All those wonderful characters just begging for us to know and love them. And there are few things better than being able to share those amazing characters with others. The Beautiful People link up is a monthly event which encourages writers to share a bit about their characters by answering ten questions on their blogs. I’m joining the link up this month with my character Ember, a superhero from my soon to be written July Camp NaNoWriMo novel. However, I’m only going to be answering four of the questions.

1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it? Ember’s real name is Lee Robinson, but I think of him mostly as just Ember. This is his mutant/superhero name, and comes from his superpower, which is the ability to create a firestorm, wind and fire combined. It’s hard to control, but supremely awesome, and comes in very handy when things get tough.

2) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!) Ember is a typical Australian teen boy. He’s curly haired, brown eyed, and has a cautious, slightly anxious expression when he thinks people aren’t looking at him, like he’s always a bit worried about doing or saying the wrong thing. My sister Charlotte drew me the awesome picture of him you can see in this post.

Ember

3) Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences. Controlled. Ember is naturally a fairly lively, excitable person, but he learnt very quickly to control himself as much as possible. He’s a foster child, and has been moved from one home to another just as quickly as people found out about his mutant powers. He learnt to control himself and hide what he was so that he would have a chance of finding a long term home, which is what he wants most of all.

4)If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be? This is an easy question to answer. Ember element would be fire. His mutant power is the ability to create a firestorm, and he is also fiercely loyal, ready to fire up in defence of anyone he counts as a friend.

So, there’s a little bit about Ember. I’m looking forward to getting to know him more as I write his story during Camp NaNoWriMo. Are you taking part in the Beautiful People link up this month? What would your character’s answers be to these questions? Does Ember sound like a person you’d want to get to know?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. You're writing about superheroes?!! Eeeeh! That's so awesome. They're still some of my favourite characters to read (or watch, hehe) of ever. YAY for firey ones too! Good luck writing this book during Camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're some of mine too, and I was so excited to finally find an idea that let me write about them. Fiery ones are kinda some of my favourites. All that uncontrolled destruction! Thanks. I'm, really looking forward to getting a start on this.

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Awards! If you haven't heard of them, I explained them in my post! Here's a link: http://nerdywriting.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-awards.html
    In the post you'll find everything you need to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll pop over to your post right now.

      Delete
  3. I love his name! Good luck this July in Camp NaNoWriMo (I'm participating too! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Emma. Good luck to you too. I hope you have an epic win.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/