Writing Music: Awakening

09:00

I really enjoy listening to the music of Taylor Davis while I’m writing. She generally produces instrumental music for violin, or violin and piano. She does medleys, video game music, movie music, and TV show themes. Taylor is one of two musicians who have helped me grow to enjoy listening to violin music. Last week, she released her second original song, called Awakening. This has quickly become one of my new favourite pieces to listen to, as well as watch, and ended up replacing the song I had originally planned to share this week.


Awakening has a strong fantasy feel to it to me, especially when paired with the beautiful music video. If you’re looking for a boost of fantasy inspiration, I definitely suggest watching the video. This piece would suit a victory scene after a battle, a celebration or, especially toward the middle where the bell sounds begin, even possibly a wedding. It would also be very good for a triumphant scene at the end of a book when the villain is defeated and good is victorious.



What sort of scene do you think this piece suits? What sort of music do you enjoy listening to while you write?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hi Imogen,

    That was amazing to listen to! At some points, I could imagine the leading-up to a battle, at others, I imagined someone riding their horse across the plain, maybe to get to the battle?
    Then, at other points, I saw the celebrations of after a battle: The victors celebrating.
    I also saw, though, wonder in a child's eyes at points. So that got me thinking. Maybe it could be the music of a father telling his young son about his glory days, about him riding across the plains, joining the battle, and the victory afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helena, this piece has such imagery, doesn't it? I love your idea of it being a father talking to his son. I can definitely see all the elements of that in this piece. I thought the beginning of the piece reminded me especially of a lute, even though it's very electronic and doesn't really sound like one, but the feel of it reminded me of that. I find it very inspirational. Thanks for stopping to listen to it and share your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing this song. I play a lot of DND and this would be perfect to listen to while playing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping to listen to it. I loved this piece of music so much I just had to share it.

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful piece of music, I can really feel the fantasy-esque vide and I bet with a few more listens I'll have a scene playing in my head that this will fit perfectly. and I may have to subscribe to Taylor and add her songs to my writing music cache

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Taylor's music because she does such a variety, and she covers a lot of video game music, which is pretty epic to write to. I would definitely recommend check out more of her music if you have the time.

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/