Awards and an Announcement21:11
Over the past couple of weeks, a few extremely nice bloggers have nominated me for a couple of blogging awards. I am very grateful for these nominations, and these bloggers have really encouraged me to keep working on my blog. I’d like to thank The Teenaged Nerd for nominating me for the Liebster Award, dragonsashes and Tara Therese for the Inspiring Blogger Award, and Helena for the Sunshine Award. You guys are the best.
For the Liebster Award and the Sunshine Award, I am supposed to answer many questions and list even more facts about myself. However I am ever the rebel, and I will be answering a few questions from each of these lists, which I hope will suffice. So without further ado, here are my answers to ten questions about me.
Five Questions from the Liebster Award-The Teenaged Nerd
1. When did you first start writing? I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I used to write little books on scraps of paper and staple them together, illustrating them with terrible drawings. I started writing novels at age 13-14, and I never looked back.
2. Why did you start your blog? I’ve been blogging for a few years on one blog or another, and I had always wanted to have a writing blog. But I never had the confidence to actually start one until one of my friends convinced me that I had something important enough to say on a blog like that. I started my blog back in March, and I’ve really enjoyed posting on it since then. It’s only little at the moment, but it’s all mine!
3. How often do you write? I try to write every day, which works very well during the NaNoWriMo months, but doesn’t always work during the rest of the year. However, I do try to form a habit of writing every single day during the rest of the year as well.
4. What's your favourite book? That is the single most difficult question in the world to answer. I love so many books that it’s impossible to pick a favourite. How could you ask a writer/reader that question? I love all the books!
5. Who's your favourite author? That’s a difficult question as well, so I’m just going to name a couple of writers whose books I have been enjoying recently. Maggie Stiefvater’s books are amazing, and I highly recommend her. Also Marissa Meyer. I recently discovered her Lunar Chronicles and suffice to say, she is a favourite with me now.
Five Questions from the Sunshine Award-Helena
1. What career appeals to you the most? This is an easy question. The career that appeals to me the most is that of a writer. If I could write all day, do nothing else, and make a living from that, then I would be perfectly happy. The other career that appeals to me is that of a book editor, which is what I’m actually currently studying towards being. Thankfully editing and writing go very nicely together.
2. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream? The chocolate fudgy kind. I love fudge and I absolutely adore chocolate, and mixing the two in ice cream is pure genius. The cookies and cream kind of ice cream is pretty awesome too.
3. Are you a 'shopaholic'? Er, no. Not at all. The only kind of shopping I actually enjoy doing is at the back-to-school sales where I buy discount notebooks and pens for my writing. The rest of the time I don’t usually even like window shopping.
4. What is your favourite movie? I have so many favourite movies that it’s very difficult to choose just one. Instead I’ll just leave a link to a post where I listed tenof my favourite movies. Ten has got to be better than just one, right?
5. What is your favourite hobby? Writing comes top of the list obviously (this being a writing blog and me being a writer). As well as that, I love reading, blogging, and drinking copious amounts of tea. Which is totally a hobby.
All these blog awards say in the rules that I must tag other bloggers with these awards. But again, I’m going to break the rules and not tag a whole lot of bloggers. However, I want to nominate dragonsashes, The Teenaged Nerd, and Tara Therese for the Sunshine Award. You guys always brighten my day. And I’d like to nominate Helena for the Inspiring Blogger Award. Your blog posts always make me stop and think. Please go and check out their blogs if you haven't already.
And now for the announcement. You may have noticed the brand new social media button in my sidebar. I am very excited to announce that, as of today, Gossiping with Dragons is now not only on Google+, but on Facebook as well. Follow the link to like the page and get blog updates, links to other interesting blog posts, and other inspiring things. I’d love to see you there!