Writing Music: I Am Gold

17:43



I don’t know about you, some days, I’m too tired to feel positive about my writing. On days like those I look at the words on the screen and wonder how on earth I’m going to take this pile of rubbish and turn it into a book. But it’s surprising what a piece of music can do to change my mood and get me feeling good again. Today I’d like to share a piece of music that always makes me feel better on those difficult days.

I Am Gold is part of a little known genre, African Dubstep. It’s a very positive, upbeat piece, and was actually written with a very positive message in mind. In the note under the video, Alex Boye says “I believe we become what we think about most of the time. I developed this thing with myself called bronze silver and I am gold conversation. Athletes seem to know this. Those who think like a gold medalists, are most likely to get the gold. I believe that is the same with life.”

This piece gives me a feeling of hope and determination. I want that gold medal for my writing. For me at the moment, that gold medal is to get to the end of this draft. For you, that gold medal might be something else. Whatever you’re shooting for, be positive about it. Think like a gold medallist. Because that’s what you are.



What music makes you feel positive and motivated? What’s your gold medal?

Have you been to visit my Facebook page yet? We’ve been having some good conversations about science-fiction and writing prompts. Why not hop over and join the fun?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'd like to visit your facebook page. Could you provide a link for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat. I thought I actually remembered to add the link to the bottom of the post. I'm ever so forgetful. Sorry about that. I'll add the link to the post as well. Thank you for being interested in my Facebook page. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gossiping-With-Dragons/264710957066011

      Delete
  2. You go Imogen! It's always hard starting a book:)
    Thank you for sharing that song, It's wonderful! Love your blog, followed!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the message and the positive feeling to this piece. I'm so glad you enjoyed listening to it too. I wasn't sure if people would like the African Dubstep. I think it's really unique and awesome myself. Thank you for following my blog!

      Delete

/*popular post image sizing*/